Sunday, December 20, 2015

Self Portrait

Born of the sun not the moon as expected Nowhere near perfect yet somehow perfected Strength of an ox but just in the heart Still my arms are strong enough to tear some things apart Backbone intact despite many mistakes A soul who likes giving more than it takes My mind thinks it's thoughts openly and so random My mouth and my face seem to act with abandon I've known cruelty and malice, sad to say, from both sides but I've learned and I've grown and my hope still abides My eyes weep for many, my words fight for all My knees have grown tough and refuse now to crawl My words cover all things from blessings to violence my voice is my power, in sound and in silence My body is mine though it's housed joy and pain My spirit is the gold that runs through these veins

1 comment:

  1. Incredible. Powerful. Love this "My words cover all things from blessings to violence" that is an awesome passage

    ReplyDelete