Wednesday, April 6, 2016

National Poetry Month

I have been writing poems each day for National Poetry Month and posting them on Facebook since not everyone follows me on facebook I figure I would share them here. Here are the 1st six


April 1st:
You need not vibrant lips
to speak of vibrant things
Just something in your heart
that makes it want to sing

April 2nd:
When days are dreary it's hard to see
the joy your life can manifest
So close your eyes and listen for
The dream your heart wants to confess

April 3rd:
A face that’s lined with destinations
Past and yet to come
Lined with joy and consternation
That have and shall be done

April 4th:
Now that spring has donned her crown
And kissed our heavy brow
We shall take our steps through awakened worlds
And conquer them somehow

April 5th:
His smile somehow made the sadness disappear
and blossom with intense pain
at the same time

April 6th:
Sleep prevents my thoughts
And thoughts prevent my sleep
What a time to recollect
the secrets that I keep

No comments:

Post a Comment