Monday, April 18, 2016

National Poetry Month part 3

April 13th:
I don’t always find it easy
To come up with a verse
But I know if I didn’t
My life would be much worse

To see my pain on paper
Made up of all these letters
Gives lightness to the hurting
And makes me feel much better

April 14th:
When they finally see you
And the way that you shine
They’ll know of a wonder
That none can define

April 15th:
I realize this statement
Will just seem like conjecture
But I bet the fur of unicorns
Is the most sublime of textures

April 16th:
When the need to fly embraces you
When a passion burns within
Unleash it with tenacity
To scare away life’s din

April 17th:
Worries that hide in the deepest recesses
Snowballing forth with the smallest of stresses
You, their creator hath nothing to fear
For ‘tis you that accepts that the worry sleeps here

April 18th:
“I can’t stop now”
Oh yes you can
Or better still
I’ll lend a hand

No comments:

Post a Comment