Thursday, January 28, 2010

Anger is a gift best served cold

I got very angry about an ongoing issue that has emanated worry and frustration for quite some time. It peaked for the third time this evening and I was at a loss for what to do. There are all those catchy little mouth vomits like "just roll with the punches" and "keep your head up" but few would be able to take the blows of life repeatedly and not want to destroy something. I attempted to do what I used to do when I was younger and shred. I threw some Pantera on my ipod and soon realized that I was no longer young enough for this to work. When you are young and don't really have any problems you have to find things to be pissed off about i.e."fuck the cops" "the government totally sucks" "my parents don't understand me."

It's not that none of these things are true, it's that you don't know why they are true. Once you are old enough to understand the world a little better, you find out why these things are true, there is no music that can banish the contempt of an asshole boss, nothing you can destroy that will make people drive better, no amount of cutting could make you breath any easier. The far removed status of youth is gone, you know now, you understand and it sucks. You know that Jack Nicholson line from A Few Good Men? Yeah I wish that had been the graduation speech at my suburban high school. Just those few lines to really sum up life as an adult. Part of youth however is not listening to people who say things like that so maybe it would have been a lost cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment